Solar panels are a great investment these days, however to make sure you get the most from this investment and before you invest your hard earned money, look into all the aspects before deciding the right panel, the right partner and the right kind of system.
Following are the things you should keep in mind before installing solar on your roof space:
1. Choose the Right Equipment
Out of many kinds of solar panels one can choose from within photovoltaic systems; monocrystalline and polycrystalline silicon are the two main ones. It has been observed that the Silicon Monocrystalline panels are more efficient than the polycrystalline ones. Choosing a reputable brand of solar panel will have a much larger impact on the energy your system will generate.
2. Measure Energy Use
A good solar installer will help you measure your energy use. This is important to determine how much energy you want to generate with your solar system. By knowing the average amount of energy you will be consuming, you can make an informed decision on how many solar panels you want to install and how much of your energy consumption can be covered by solar.
3. Check Incentives
In many countries, the government provides incentives to those wishing to install solar panels. The aim of this is to allow electricity generated from photovoltaic to compete with established energy production methods. Government financial incentives can come in various forms, with the two main ones being:
1. Investment subsidies, which reimburse the cost of installing solar.
2. Feed-in tariffs or net metering, in which your solar electricity is sold to the electricity utility operating the grid.
4. Decide The Correct Placement
Where to place your solar panels can have a much greater effect on the amount of electricity generated.
• If you live in the northern hemisphere, for maximum exposure to the sun, solar panels can be placed on a south-facing roof.
• In the southern hemisphere, solar panels are best placed on a north-facing roof.
• However, if you don’t use much energy in the middle of the day and energy use is in the evening, a west-facing solar array might be more useful.
• If you prefer more solar electricity generation in the mornings, an east-facing direction would be preferable.
It is true that solar panels facing east or west generate less energy throughout the entire day than those facing the equator, however unless you intend to install a battery or if feed-in tariffs are available where you live, this can result in a better use of your electricity.
5. Choose Good Installers
Last but the least, once you are well informed on the above topics, it is important to choose a reputable installer that will:
· Examine and survey and assess your requirement, available space, roof condition etc.
· Help you choose the ideal technology and installation
· Obtain the necessary permits and paperwork
· Perform the installation
· Give you generation guarantee
. Frugal maintenance package
Your own solar panels could allow you to be independent from the electrical grid, reduce your carbon footprint and possibly lower your electricity bills by installing them.
You can learn more about the most efficient solar panels by getting in touch with Frittsolar, one of the best companies in solar panels in India.
The company has installed panels Pan India and has a good track record.